SureSmile® in Clarksville, TN
SureSmile® clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
SureSmile® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
SureSmile® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With SureSmile® aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years.
You remove the SureSmile® aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
How does the SureSmile® process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth, and x-rays. Those records are sent to SureSmile® with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. SureSmile® will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist’s office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length determined by your dentist.
SureSmile® vs. braces - what's the difference?
There are many differences between SureSmile® and braces, and it’s important to know those differences before making a decision. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of SureSmile® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- SureSmile® uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- SureSmile® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- SureSmile® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- SureSmile® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- SureSmile® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
Who can use SureSmile®?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use SureSmile®. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. SureSmile® can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with SureSmile®. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
If you have more questions about SureSmile®, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss further.